Tuesday, January 22, 2008

From Oyster to God in 60 Seconds

[and they describe this dream vision that they've had and then they wake up and say] "You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to write down that dream!" Well, save your effort, you've already done it!

No human being could eat that much food-- well, maybe Paul Prudhomme, but no human being.

You thought one pope was bad? They had two! They had three!

"Call me Ishmael." It sounds better than "call me Herman."

Since we're doing the general prologue I wore my "Canterbury Pilgrims" tie. Someone gave it to me, it's not the kind of thing you buy for yourself.

Don't ask me why there's seven sacraments. I asked a nun once why there were seven sacraments and she said, "because there's seven dwarves!" Years later I was trying to figure out which one was Dopey.

As lecherous as a sparrow, jumping around from one muffin crumb, as it were, to another.


And, you guys missed his TS Eliot impression, which can't be put into text, but.... it is forever burned on my brain.

No comments: